If you build it, they will come,” is advice that only works in the movies. In the real world, savvy business owners are all too familiar with the fact that customers aren’t going to “magically” appear.If you want your business to grow, then you have to find them. Easier said than done, right? Save yourself countless hours of frustration by taking this shortcut so your business can get the attention that it deserves.
- Depending on your email campaign provider, look to see if there is an option to “broadcast” option. This feature will allow your blog posts to be automatically released to various social networks. Be sure to release your posts on social networks most frequented by your target audience. Emphasis on where your audience is located. If you don’t advertise where your audience is located then you’re just talking to yourself. In other instances that may be cool, but this is not one of them.
- Publish your content on Medium.
- Be a guest on a podcast within your industry. You can discover podcasts by checking out the following:
- Livestream is extremely popular right now so you might as well jump on that bandwagon. 😉
- Answer questions on Quora, Facebook pages, Facebook Groups, industry forums, etc.
- Create How To tutorials
- Create a montage of people wearing or using your product/service. If you create T-shirts, then ask your followers to send in a picture or video of them wearing the T-shirt for a chance to be featured on your website and/or YouTube channel.
- Partner with an influencer on a joint webinar
- Run an Instagram Hashtag contest. Have your followers use a particular hashtag and have them tag a friend who could also benefit from your offering.
- Testimonials will help strengthen your credibility. If you’re not sure how to get them, have people beta test your product so you can use their feedback, get recommendations on LinkedIn, etc.
- Do NOT sleep on Pinterest. I will admit it. I thought it was going to be a waste of time. I haven’t been doing it that long and have noticed an improvement in my bounce rates and average session duration time.
- Create a pin. Make sure it’s vertical and professional. Infographic type of pins tend to get a lot of shares.
- Join group boards and Tailwind Tribes
- Join Facebook Pinterest groups like Pinning Pals, Bloggers Unite on Pinterest, etc.
- Design a referral program
- Cross promote with other businesses by doing a Loop Giveaway Contest. Honestly, this is a great idea if you keep the number of businesses down to a reasonable number. In my opinion, keep it down to 3 to 5 and TELL people upfront how many businesses are participating in the group. If you’re like me and see that a company has failed to meet the aforementioned criteria, you’re just going to roll your eyes and continue scrolling your feed.
- Create an amazing lead magnet (hint, hint, like this one or this one). Email courses, ebooks, etc. are really great subtle ways to get your content into your audience’s hands.
- Sign up to be a source on HARO and you also have the opportunity to advertise with them as well.
1. Host a free workshop at the library or co-working space.
2. Create a loyalty program using companies like Belly, Perksville, etc.
3. Join a business association.
4. Offer a no strings attached 15 to 30-minute consultations that can be done via Skype or in-person.
5.Create a product/service with another business that complements your business.
6. Record a masterclass and then use it as a lead magnet or as a tripwire.
7. Get listed in relevant business directories (i.e. Angie’s List, Trustpilot, Upwork, etc.).
8. Run or sponsor an event in your community (i.e. 5K, art festival, etc.).
9. Create exclusive products or services and offer them solely to your existing customers.
10. How many times have you attended a conference, looked in the swag bag only to find a pen? If you’re able to do so donate branded travel chargers, USBs, etc. You will automatically be remembered! 🙂
If you have enjoyed the ideas that I have shared so far, please be sure to download the rest of this list right here.Don’t forget to pin and share this post!