“Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.”
This quote always reminds me to dream big when I sit down to create my goals (I even wrote a post about it). I can’t help it because I’m a goal slayer.
It’s never too early to start planning for next year (especially since it’s right around the corner!). Why? Now is the perfect time to sit back and assess all of the “risks” that you didn’t tackle this year.
You don’t want to prolong going yet another year of asking yourself the following questions:
- “Should I launch my blog?”
- “I don’t feel confident enough to host a webinar/masterclass.”
- “I can’t don’t have enough material to start a YouTube channel.”
Guess what? You will NEVER have all of your ducks lined up in a row. Life doesn’t work that way. There will NEVER be a perfect time to achieve your dreams until you take the initiative to create it.
I’ve been in the marketing industry for over 10 years. It’s been interesting to see how things have changed, but shaking free from the excuses of getting started has consistently remained the same for many people.
I spent this entire weekend imagining all of the goals that I desire to achieve next year. I started updating my content calendar, went through my goal setting formula exercise and reevaluated my routine to see if there were any changes that I needed to make.
However, I decided that I didn’t want to wait until next year to start one of my goals. I created a Facebook group called Goal Slayers. This group is dedicated to providing bloggers and entrepreneurs the opportunity to soar to new heights online together.
My goal is to create an atmosphere that will enable people to bring the dreams that they imagine to fruition. I plan on accomplishing this feat by doing the following:
- Hosting Facebook Live and/or Workshops
- A place where newbies and experienced folks can ask and answer questions.
- Designated threads where folks can share their work with others. Below are the promotion threads:
- Subscriber Sunday: Share your newsletter with us by creating a Pinterest pin that leads back to your newsletter sign up page.
- Content Sunday: The struggle to create valuable content is real. If you’re struggling to stay motivated, then check out our blog post prompt.
- Monday Motivation: Share your goals for the week.
- Tech Tuesday: Share your favorite tech tool or resource.
- Youtube Tuesday: Share your YouTube Channel.
- Wednesday Wisdom: Share your blog post
- Thursday Tweets: Share a link to your profile or a tweet
- Facebook Friday: Share your Facebook page
- Pinterest Saturdays: Share your latest Pinterest pin
I’ve been toying with this idea for a while but finally decided it was time to make it happen! If there is a project that has been on your to-do list, don’t wait another minute. It’s time to cross it off of your list.
Become a Goal Slayer so we can work it out (I love that song) in 2018 together!