Winter is my least favorite season, but the last two weeks of the year are my favorite. Due to the holidays, work is relatively slow, so I’m able to reflect on my progress and review my grateful notes so I can see all the ways God blessed me throughout the year.
I turned 35 (still feels weird to say that lol) earlier this year, so I can honestly say that this was an interesting year for me. It was one full of highs and lows, but I am grateful for the those “lows” because they forced me to embrace the art of the pivot.
When those “storms” occurred, God caused my circumstances to work in my favor. Regardless of how strong those storms may be, I know there are rays of sunshine waiting to burst through the clouds.
I learned several lessons this year that can be applied to life and business, so I wanted to share them with you. I hope these lessons will motivate you to make changes in your life. You never know who you might inspire!
- You will never get anywhere in life without putting God first.
- Take time to read the Bible. Everyday. I’m ill equipped to fight in this world without my armor.
- God’s timing is perfect.
- God causes ALL things to work together for my good. Rom 8:28
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
- Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Always choose to speak life. Prov 18:21.
- Watch who you admire. They are human just like you.
- If you’re everything to everyone, then you risk being no one. Stand up for what you believe in even if it means that you have to stand alone.
- A win can come in the form of a loss.
- Choose your squad carefully. You’re not meant to take everyone with you.
- Always look for opportunities to be a blessing to others.
- Start a side hustle. Companies will let you go without having a second thought. Always have a couple back up plans ready in case this happens to you.
- Be consistent. You can’t achieve success when you’re living your life like a rollercoaster.
- Do the work. No one is going to do it for you.
- Don’t take your blessings for granted.
- If you don’t have money then invest your time. If you don’t have time then be willing to invest your money.
- Never allow someone to project their negativity onto you.
- Reclaim your time so you can invest in yourself.
- Having a DIY attitude is a blessing in disguise. I gained new skills and saved a lot of money because I took the time to teach myself how to create websites, courses, etc.
- God will provide you the skills you need to fight back.
- You learn more going through the storms than you do in the sunshine.
- Don’t let planning for the future rob you from enjoying the present.
- Don’t place your trust in people who fail to live up to their title. If your friend isn’t acting like a friend, then they aren’t your friend.
- If you ask God for a sign, don’t ignore His answer. You know deep down you didn’t “misunderstand” Him. You just need to accept His answer.
- Sometimes you have to pivot so you can grow.
- Don’t let anyone shame you for being single or not having children. I haven’t met the right guy and I don’t want to have kids. As my mom always says, life is like a beautiful dress. That dress is beautiful regardless of whether I want to add accessories (marriage or kids.
- Quality will always triumph over quantity.
- You have to learn how to encourage yourself. Many times people will NOT cheer for you. Regardless of the reason, you don’t need them. Be your own cheerleader.
- It’s important to save money, but have a balance. Don’t forget to live. We’re not promised tomorrow. So try to save money for at least one item on your bucket list.
- Don’t allow your circumstances to dictate your happiness.
- Stop living in the past. Learn from your mistakes and move on with your life.
- Learning another language opens up additional opportunities and friendships that otherwise would not have happened.
- Everyone has a talent. Share what you know.
- Take time to completely unplug from technology.
- The only competitor you need to fear is the one in the mirror. ~Zig Zigler
You don’t have to wait for the New Year before you make changes to your life. In fact, it’s in your best interest if you don’t because life is too short. We’re here today and gone tomorrow.
Make the most of your time by making sure you’re living up to your potential. If you’re not living your life like it’s golden, then it’s time to start now. You got this!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please be sure to share it with others.
Please be sure to check out our YouTube channel & join our Goal Slayers Facebook Group & Goal Slayers Pinterest Board. I'll see you there!